Rome News-Tribune is the daily newspaper of Rome, Georgia. Begun originally as a weekly newspaper, the paper has survived several merges with other newspapers. Aside from several months during the Civil War, the paper has been published continuously since 1843. It is owned by Times Journal Inc. based in Marietta, Ga.
- Beau Evans Capitol Beat News Service
Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan pledged Wednesday to take a 14% pay cut in his salary to match what state agencies in Georgia are being asked to trim amid the coronavirus-prompted economic downturn.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Would you like to receive our daily news in your inbox? Signup today!
- 'Affordable housing' is in the eye of the beholder
- Barber who served multiple generations in Rome closes shop after 60 years of business
- Assault inside store leads to felony charges against Rome woman
- Calhoun Health Care Center: 51 COVID-19 patients, 9 deaths; 12 staff also positive
- Few new restrictions as Georgia's shelter-at-天天乐棋牌 order ends
- UPDATE: 5 new coronavirus cases in Floyd County; DPH to stop reporting 'unreliable' antibody test results
- Report: Expired license reveals wanted man
- Report: Man found naked near broken motel window
- Report: Woman covered vehicle windows in mustard, stole items
- With state cuts ahead, Floyd County school board discusses budget trims and teacher furloughs